Clear all

Some additions

8 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
jawnkyjaws
(@jawnkyjaws)
Topic starter

I don't focus on bone mass, but rather on round faces with small chins with certain geometric proportions. There might still be a big overlap between my taste and whatever you're searching for:

Sinead O'Connor, a 90s singer

Mariel Madrid, dancer and choreographer

Elizabeth Debicki from 'The great gatsby'

Zoë Kravitz from 'Mad Max Fury Road'

Laura Dern from 'Jurrassic Park'

These are my current top 5 celebrity jaws that aren't already on your list. I have lots more, but they are either from much less famous people or score lower in my ranking from late 2020.

gl with the project!

Posted : 03/03/2021 11:59 pm
Topic Tags
Admin Ron
(@adminron)
Estimable Member Admin

Hello and thank you for the pictures.

How do you define the "round face" type that you like? Does it mean no clear gonial angles when viewed from the front? But rather a soft, almost round like line from one ear to the other?

Posted : 07/03/2021 6:27 pm
jawnkyjaws
(@jawnkyjaws)
Topic starter

@adminron

thank you for the pictures.

You're welcome. Many of the ones I found here are also really nice.

Does it mean no clear gonial angles when viewed from the front?

Nope, I like the angle very much.

I used to draw a lot on grid paper as a kid and to get round shapes somewhat accurately, I always drew straight lines from one coordinate to the next, e.g. 0:0, 0:2, 1:4, 2:5, 4:6, 6:6 to get one quarter of a circle. When I see a face, I project a grid-layer over it and try to get a sense for the ratios from one coordinate to the next. I really enjoy faces with simple ratios that are close to 0:-1, 1:-2, 2:-2 or 0:-1, 2:-2, 3:-2 from left ear to the middle of the chin.

I also once tried making sense of faces with triangles, but I failed, probably because I focused too much on 'clemense poesy' at the time.

I generally don't like strong chins, but I make two kinds of exceptions:

The first kind is rather pointy from most perspectives, but it works really well with most Japanese faces, because the strong cheekbones balance it out.

The second kind is a rather broad category, where the chin is rather flat towards the front and has a lot of mass with a clear edge, but without being pointy. It usually comes with a distinct smile in which the upper lip is lifted upwards without being able to reveal any gums.

Posted : 10/03/2021 12:43 am
Admin Ron
(@adminron)
Estimable Member Admin

@jawnkyjaws

It's always interesting to learn about people's own appreciation of facial variation. Thanks for sharing it on this site.
I bet a lot of people are not self-aware about the geometry of their sensitivities.

A side note: Ratio measurements from pics on available pics on the net can be highly unreliable, because of distortion and viewing angle.
I was able to make facial proportion comparisons between Japanese and western women, from frontal pictures I carefully took, and indeed was amazed by face width of the Japanese woman, particularly on the cheekbone area. Unfortunately I can't share that picture publicly.

Pointy chin is typically feminine, and I like projecting pointy chin, but of course there are some cases where a squarer version is not depreciating at all.

I like those 2 women from your post, what are their names? 

Posted : 14/03/2021 4:50 pm
jawnkyjaws
(@jawnkyjaws)
Topic starter

@adminron

Thanks for the feedback. Never thought of pointy chins as something typically feminine, but now that I hear it, it makes a lot of sense. I've never seen a man with a pointy chin, couldn't/wouldn't even want to imagine one.

The first one is a japanese-american boulder athlete that sometimes casts tournaments. I sadly don't know her name.

The second one is a korean choreographer. I expect her to be mixed to some degree with something from the west, maybe German, because of the way her mouth moves and the way her chin is shaped. Since it took me several hours to find her name, she might not want to be found by her fans for some reason, weird but ok. I'd still love it if you could check out some of her performances linked below. Such talent can't be left unseen.

She's in a few dozen videos of "1 million dance studio":

https://youtu.be/D76OSIdqtak?t=232

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x7VDBcD_TA

https://youtu.be/Evm2KlyBRRo

She might also randomly appear in videos from other dance studios. In this one I instantly recognized her jaw, even though I wasn't paying attention to the video and hadn't seen her dance for a non-korean studio before. Jaws are sooo important, one can't even put it into words:

https://youtu.be/FAT6AXExmgg?t=213

Posted : 23/03/2021 4:22 pm
jawnkyjaws
(@jawnkyjaws)
Topic starter

@adminron

I've collected a few new 'round' faces you might also like:

This post was modified 2 years ago by jawnkyjaws

Posted : 18/11/2021 12:18 pm
(@gruffawlo)

Hey I stumbled into this exquisite menagerie of truly exceptional women and their exceptional jaws. However I felt I couldn't just wonder on without proposing my contribution.

Behold Cobie Smulders, she holds (in my eyes) such an elegant and balanced profile from chin to ear. A jawline of delicacy and beauty.

Posted : 23/02/2022 4:31 pm
jawnkyjaws reacted
jawnkyjaws
(@jawnkyjaws)
Topic starter

@gruffawlo 

When I saw her in a tv show as a kid she looked great, but when comparing her to 'round' faces, she kind of looks like a man to me. It's weird how tastes change. But yeah, her face is certainly pretty symmetric/symmetric in a pretty way. I think she looked much better in her 20s and with less makeup, though:

Posted : 07/05/2022 11:34 pm
Share: