Square Jaw Theory

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Admin Ron
(@adminron)
Estimable Member Admin
Topic starter

Be warned: once you learn to recognize the square jaw criterias, you will not only categorize yourself... but it will become a habit to categorize the jaw of all the people around you.

I). How to recognize and define a woman with a strong jaw ? 

• A) The square jaw profile

• B-C line, the jaw plane, is straight, almost parallel to the floor.
    • There is a notable A-B distance. A-B is perpendicular to the floor.
    • B is an angle. The smaller the angle, the squarer the jaw. Angle is 90 degrees on perfectly square jawed women. Called "holy grail".
    • Chin and cheekbones are often projecting.
    • Skin under jaw is very tight. Double chin is rare or will appear at a later age.
    • Mandible is often heavily muscular and strong.
    • Jaw is often wider than on less square types.
    • Sexy !!
  • B) Average woman, profile:

• No notable angle at B. No notable A-B line. You could almost draw a line from the ear lob right to the chin point.
    • B-C is curve.
    • Chin and cheekbones are less projecting.
    • Mandible bone is thinner, less muscular.
    • More prone to double chin.
  • C) Square Jawed woman, frontal

• B-B' jaw width is almost equal to D-D' cheekbones width. The closer, the squarer. On extremely square jawed women, B-B' width is SUPERIOR to D-D' cheekbone width.
    • Width between D and D' and B-B' is higher than for a regular woman.
    • TCV angle is wider than for an average woman.
    • Face height measured from D-D' to C (chin) may be smaller than on average woman, because the face is more compact and the jaw squarer.
    • The overall aspect of the face looks healthy and square. The "jaw box" is taking more space.

II). Real life examples and comparison

III). Anatomy
You will often notice that strong cheekbones often accompanies a strong lower jaw. This is because the jaw muscles attach both to the B angles (see graph above) and cheekbones in order to apply the pressure of the chewing mechanism. Thus, larger bone means larger muscles. Women with large jaw, and horizontal B-C line (also called Frankfurt mandibular plane) often have a stronger bite force than an average woman and their large masseter muscle is easily visible when they chew. We have gathered evidence of the relation about mandible shape and bite force. Click here to read it .

Strong cheekbones, large mandible, protruding chin, thick, well-aligned teeth often form a sexy combo of a well-developed chewing mechanism.

See how the jaw muscles attach to the B angle and cheekbone.
The more these attach points are developed, the more potential there is for a larger muscle,  and thus a stronger bite force.

I V). Miscellaneous observations

• Asian women seem to have the most developed and large jaw you could encounter. It doesn't mean it's an exclusivity, but I often noticed that most of the times, Asian (Chinese in particular) women that I encountered had enormous, thick and square jaw mandible.
    I had the chance to measure their cheekbones and mandible (DD' and BB') and it revealed that sometimes, it was several centimeters larger than my own corresponding measurements, even if I'm a 6'0 feet tall man and they were 5’5 women.
  • Usually, women with a big and wide mandible are often playing with their jaw. They love to chew little objects, like pencils and such. It seems like if they have a need to bite.
  • It seems women with large jaw characteristics love to show their jaw. You name it subconscious body language, but women with these jaws, even shy women, seems to have the habit to raise their head up as subtle jaw/chin exhibition, so you just “can’t miss it”. Watch it in real life, or on TV / movie, you might get surprised. When a big jawed shy woman is talking to you, when she needs to build up confidence, it seems she will want to exhibit her jaw to impress/attract you. I'm sure that science will tell us one day, that this whole square jaw theory is, among others, a very serious interplay of attraction characteristics between people.
    Very noticeable is Angelina Jolie who shows to the world what a beautiful, strong jaw she has.

Posted : 25/09/2017 2:13 pm
(@Carrieconfetti)

Could I please get any feed back on my type?

Posted : 13/11/2017 3:30 am
(@Carrieconfetti)

Not the most flattering but it's a front facing one I have available

Posted : 13/11/2017 3:36 am
(@Marta)

You definitely have a strong jaw!

Posted : 18/12/2017 11:42 pm
 Hjj
(@Hjj)

@carrieconfetti you look like Kat von d + the tall lady from cosplay heroes

Posted : 01/01/2018 9:55 am
jawnkyjaws
(@jawnkyjaws)

Only just started reading your posts and I'm very impressed, but also worried that you might have gotten distracted by the beauty of certain models with strong, pointy chins, the same way I once was. Some of them just look too good...

I'm going to explain with a little more/too much detail why chins should generally be small/normal unlike in your image from this post and your profile picture:

In your image beneath the title 'C) Square Jawed woman, frontal', the woman has a triangle from both B's to the C, with quite a big vertical distance, making her look like a rather average woman. It seems like the vertical distance being drawn as big as you did, somewhat contradicts a statement you made earlier beneath 'A) The square jaw profile', 'B-C line, the jaw plane, is straight, almost parallel to the floor.'.

your version

edited version, with a jaw plane almost parallel to the floor.

I found that the women from several African tribes, that still live mostly without technology and processed food, have rather well developed jaws with naturally healthy positioning of their teeth, but only very few of them have strong chins. For an example with a lot of image results, you can google 'himba tribe woman'. - Maybe African women generally have stronger chins than it seems like at first sight, because their chins are wider and their lower lips are slightly bigger and slightly differently placed than I'm used to seeing. I'm not sure...

I think it's reasonable to assume that strong chins aren't just masculine, but also a sign for good health. It might even be likely, that women with a strong jaw would also have strong chins. Still, I'm not sure if the term 'square jawed women' should be used to describe women specifically with strong or pointy chins. It seems *cough* pointless. If I remember correctly you even wrote yourself somewhere, that their chin might get stronger when a person takes testosterone. High testosterone levels in women can signal a potential fertility problem: https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/A-review-of-Female-Infertility%3B-important-factors-Eniola-Adetola/e2dd557604c571bd858b4b567a92e351c36d0fdb?p2df

Weak chins might seem counter intuitive, since the extreme version of those is very common among ugly and/or retarded people, but we shouldn't forget that too strong bones in certain positions can make people look retarded as well:

1. strong/ugly chin 2. strong/ugly cheek bones 3. super bulky/masculine/ugly jaw 

People talk way more often about bones than muscles and fascia, because in adults bones are constantly in the same place, one can't 'train' or easily 'treat' their bones and it seems like one could inherit their structure from their parents. It's obvious why most people would intuitively think that way, but it doesn't make much sense. Bones are evolutionarily too important to define what's beautiful and what not. As an example, high cheek bones don't serve a function and therefore aren't automatically attractive. it's just that faces with high cheek bones look more attractive when the cheek bone is visible, because it indicates that the fascia and muscles around it are well placed and trained. Then you end up saying 'it's the high cheek bone', ignoring all the rest. The same goes for jaws. There's an ideal version of every kind of face and most of these ideal shapes would have strong jaws. Not because their jaws would gain more mass somehow, but because they would be put in place and trained by an evolutionarily healthy behavior. As you probably already know, most retards don't have ugly faces because their genes are trash, but because they don't learn how to walk, sit, breathe, swallow and close their mouths as a child, which ends up deforming everything. It's the same with every fucking person that lives in a developed country these days, just to a lesser extent and nobody wants to do something against it, because our capitalism and our monkey brains rather go the path of least resistance.

Sorry if I just wasted time continuously repeating something you already knew/expected, I'm just so disappointed in humanity that I needed to rant a little.

Summary: I think bones aren't very important, but the tissue around the bones and how the tissue did shape the bones throughout a persons life. -> You can't shape a big chin through behavior that indicates good health, therefore chins aren't important. -> Since most women don't have big chins, the average square jawed woman also doesn't have a big chin. -> Even if there's an other important correlation, it can't be much bigger than average, because that would indicate high testosterone levels.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also about your actual post:

" I V). Miscellaneous observations"

"asian women"

Yeah, it's a shame that many east Asian women want to pay for beauty operations that make their jaws look more child-like and retarded. My favorite Korean actress and dancer did this.

"Usually, women with a big and wide mandible are often playing with their jaw. They love to chew little objects, like pencils and such. It seems like if they have a need to bite."

The other way around: They love chewing things and that's why their muscles form their jaws into a healthier shape. After all, the bones of children are rather weak and elastic and therefore very easy to shape with muscles. Admittedly, chewing requires less strength and is easier if you already naturally have a great jaw, but this would mean that evolution gave about 45% of all humans jaws that suck ass for no reason, while all animals have great jaws.

"It seems women with large jaw characteristics love to show their jaw. "

Wow. Everything makes sense now. Even though this might be less relevant for actresses in films, since they get direction, this is especially true for Laura Dern in Jurassic Park. She always twists her head around, most of the times for no apparent reason..

Posted : 23/03/2021 3:16 pm
Admin Ron
(@adminron)
Estimable Member Admin
Topic starter

Hi jawnkyjaws,

Here are bits of answers to your post:

- You are right about my schematic square woman face and under jaw plane. Ideally, the square jawed woman type angle is parallel to the floor, which is not reflected in the drawing. The drawing mean is to situate the points of interest (A,B,C...) rather than be perfectly realistic.

- Chin in women can be pronounced, as in men, but usually it develops in a different shape. Some typical square chin structure seen in men, are very, very rarely seen in women.

- Does stimulation from muscles favor bone growth, or does predetermined high bone mass favor large muscle attachments... I thing it's a mix of both.

Posted : 20/06/2021 5:38 pm
Share: